Seasonal Bus Driver for Summer Discovery Camp Programs
The Maria Mitchell Association (MMA) is seeking a seasonal, full time bus driver to provide transportation for our Summer Discovery Camp Programs. (We will also consider applicants who can work part time.) Join our team of enthusiastic educators and administrators in our goal of creating memorable, fun, and educational outdoor experiences for children on Nantucket this summer. Safe transportation plays a very important role in supporting the overall goals of the MMA Camp Program; this position is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient transport of children accompanied by their teachers between our drop off site and program locations across Nantucket.
- Safe driving
- Follows the safest and most efficient routes possible considering traffic
- Obeys all applicable laws and regulations to ensure the safety of children and staff
- Maintains route schedule and communicates with camp admin staff if there are any delays
- Establishes a relationship of trust and rapport with the children and staff, while ensuring that they follow program rules while riding the bus
- Keeps the vehicle clean and in safe operating condition at all times
- Shares information on a daily basis with camp admin staff, such as conversations with parents, observations of children, or camp staff behavior
- Contributes to the overall fun and supportive atmosphere of camp!
- Driving schedule:
- 8:30 – arrive at drop off location
- 8:50 – help with bus loading
- 9:00 – transport groups to first location
- Around 11:30 – begin transferring 3pm groups to second location while picking up half day groups for parent pick-up at 1pm
- Around 2:15 – begin picking up full day groups for parent pick-up at 3pm
- Occasional transportation in the middle of the day if bad weather forces our groups to move indoors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum requirement is high school diploma or G.E.D. and a current in-state Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with a School Bus and/or Passenger endorsement and/or other criteria specifically required by the state.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time, Seasonal
Job Dates: June 5 – August 24
Salary: Competitive hourly pay from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm daily
Requirements: CDL Class B License, driving record, hiring is contingent on the successful completion of a background check and CORI check.
How to apply: Complete the application here: Bus Driver Job Application and either email to email@example.com or drop it off at our office (4 Vestal St. Nantucket, MA, 02554)