Part Time Data Entry Specialist
10 hours/week, flexible hours
Organization Background: The Mission of the Nantucket Maria Mitchell Association is promotion of the legacy of Maria Mitchell and exploration, education and enjoyment of Nantucket’s land, waters and skies beyond. In fulfilling our mission, we recognize the historic persona of Maria Mitchell, the foremost American woman scientist and educator of the 19th century, and her potential impact on contemporary thought by passing on her legacy of intellectual curiosity, respect for and love of nature, learning by doing, and the ideal of individualism.
Maria Mitchell’s contributions to astronomy, science, and education are the basis for our continuing tradition of high quality research and teaching which inspires today’s learners and tomorrow’s scientists. The NMMA provides scientific resources and educational programs for the community, uses Nantucket Island as an exceptional natural laboratory in which to study science and the environment, and maintains research and/or representative collections of Nantucket’s biodiversity.
The Data Entry Specialist position is in support of MMA achieving excellent service and successful growth.
Primary Function: Enter and maintain accurate records pertaining to constituent contact information, contributions and membership.
The person in this position reports to the Finance and Information Administrator.
- Enter, update and maintain accurate and consistent constituent contact information in donor database
- Enter donations, pledges and membership information accurately and consistently
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters for signature by the Executive Director
- Prepare and mail membership packets for new and renewing members
- Retain and file necessary backup documentation
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and records
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Generate reports and mailing lists as requested
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Other duties as needed at the request of the Finance and Information Administrator
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to follow direction and also think independently
- Ability to communicate effectively using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Desire to function as part of a team
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience with database programs is highly desired
- Demonstrated training and/or skill in relevant computer applications such as MS Word and Excel
- Familiarity with transferring information between computer programs through import, export and mail merge
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
Please send resume and cover letter to Lauren Berlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.